The Genomic Division is one of the research laboratories in Mochtar Riady Institute for Nanotechnology (MRIN). The specific objectives of this division are:
- Synthesizing a particular nucleotide sequence of interest.
- Generating a full length or partial DNA sequence of the received samples.
- Performing molecular analysis at DNA level.
Currently, we conduct various research projects that focus on long-term resistance mutations profiles of several antiviral nucleotide/nucleoside agents, and predicting liver disease progression associated hepatitis B virus (HBV) in Indonesia based on whole genome sequence. We are collaborating with Klinik Hati Prof. Ali Sulaiman (KHPA) to collect samples from chronic HBV patients with antiviral treatment (follow-up study). Our ongoing research projects are :
The specific objectives of this division are:
- Investigating Lamivudine and Telbivudine resistant mutation in Indonesian chronic HBV patients treated with Lamivudine (LMV) and Telbivudine (LdT).
- Investigating Tenofovir resistant mutation in Indonesian chronic HBV patients treated with Tenofovir (TDF).
- Investigating several specific and novel mutations in Indonesian chronic HBV patients for predicting liver disease progression.
- Developing HBV detection method using personal glucose meter (PGM).
Members of Genomic Division
Dr. rer. nat. Ivet Suriapranata.
Venansi Viktaria S.Si
Rury Mega Wahyuni, drh., M.Si.